Women's Support Programmes for Female Students
- Young women receive practical preparation, assistance and support when starting university studies, during their course of study and in the transition to their careers.
- Career planning for women in science and engineering is geared towards success, improving women's chances in the job market.
- Through close collaboration with renown companies and research institutions, we have established a strong network for women in science and engineering. This ensures a high degree of practical relevance and opens the door to real career opportunities.
Further information is available at: www.mentorinnennetzwerk.de
- The Femtec.Network is a cooperation between TU Darmstadt and Femtec (a university career centre for women in science and engineering based at the Technische Universität Berlin).
- The Femtec.Network Career Building Programme prepares young women for specific aspects of the working world.
- The Femtec.Network offers ambitious female students in science and engineering support and insights into the professional job market from an early stage (a unique programme in Germany).
- Leading technical universities cooperate with top international companies including Bosch, Daimler, Deutsche BP, EADS, E.ON, Porsche, Siemens, BCG and ThyssenKrupp.
Further information is available at www.femtec.org
YOLANTE Mentoring Programme
- “Technology needs women!” Siemens is trying to raise interest among bright female engineers and scientists of the future on the exciting topic of technology with its Young Ladies´ Network of Technology mentoring programme – YOLANTE for short.
- Siemens offers future opportunities for success, fields of work filled with possibilities and promising opportunities for development.
- In YOLANTE, Siemens assists ambitious female students enrolled in technical and scientific programmes of study throughout their studies (about 100 young women per year since 2002) and supports their talents in a variety of ways.
- The key factor: participants receive personal support from mentors.
Further information is available at www.siemens.de/yolante