Apprenticeships in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the TU Darmstadt offers school-leavers the opportunity to complete a technical apprenticeship in various areas.
- Precision mechanic in precision mechanics
- Precision mechanic in mechanical engineering
- Industrial mechanic in devices and precision engineering
- Electrician for devices and systems
- Electrician for industrial technology
- Materials tester
An apprenticeship takes 3 ½ years to complete. The entry requirement for an apprenticeship is normally the general secondary school leaving certificate (Realschulabschluss) or, in some areas, an intermediate secondary school leaving certificate with very good marks (Hauptschulabschluss). You can find more information about the apprenticeship opportunities in our apprenticeship prospectus or here .