- Fundamental concepts of mathematical modelling of physical phenomena and materials over disparate time and length scales
- Applications of multiscale modeling and simulation in mechanics for material modeling and development, composites, metamaterials and lattice structures
- Fundamentals of continuum mechanics modeling and finite element analysis
- Methods for coupling of micro and macro scales
- Analytical and numerical homogenization methods based on unit cells / representative volume elements
- Sequential and concurrent multi-scale finite element methods (domain decomposition/multigrid, homogenized constitutive models, FE2)
- Linear and nonlinear multi-scale FEM for elastic two-scale problems.
Summer term 2023
The lecture is organized in a blended learning format. Learning units with videos, slides, tutorials, and other materials are provided in the Moodle course. Additionally, there will be a weekly interactive lecture session (repetitorium) on Tuesdays at 12:45 for recaps, (group) exercises, hands-on tutorials, and questions. Please register for the course via TUCaN and Moodle for more information.
Usability of this module
- Master in Mechanical Engineering (Electives Area III)
- Master in Aerospace Engineering
- Master in Computational Engineering
- Master in Mechanics