Funding is awarded after individual review by the Equal Opportunity Working Group. At the department of Mechanical Engineering, the following measures in particular are funded:
- Women-specific training events
- Grants/coverage of travel expenses for participation in programs for the advancement of women (e.g. Mentoring Hessen: ProCareer.MINT, ProCareer.Doc, ProAcademia, ProProfessur. etc.)
- Events for the networking and advancement of women at the department.
- Advertising measures and projects to increase the proportion of women in the study program
- Gender awareness training for men and women
Measures for groups are preferred over individual support.
If the funding measure is a trip, the settlement of the costs should be made as soon as possible, as travel expenses are only reimbursed up to six months after completion of the trip. Please use our request for reimbursement form for this purpose. Please also adhere to the following guidelines so that your request for reimbursement can be processed as quickly as possible:
- Attach only original receipts to your application, copied receipts will not be accepted.
- If you wish to be reimbursed for travel expenses by car, the exact address of the destination must be provided.
The offers many other support programs. Gender Equality Officer
For prospective students
For (post-)doctoral students
There are also the following offers at TU Darmstadt:
– Initiative of female employees at TU Darmstadt SekretariaNet
– Unisport Zentrum Balance sport for women
(opens in new tab)
at the Collaborative Research Center SFB-TRR 75 (Droplet dynamic processes under extreme environmental conditions) Program for Master students