Woman mailing list
Would you like to be kept up to date on the current developments and news? Join the mailing list of women in mechanical engineering.
The gender equality officers are part of the work group of gender equality. They are elected during the women's plenary for a term of two years.
Current gender equality officers
- Christiane Gerlitzky (Research Associate / PTU)
- Kamelia Kletti (Administrative staff / PTW)
- Pia Niessen (born Bettenbühl) (Research Associate / IAD)
- Heidi Schweitzer (Administrative staff / IFW)
The work group for gender equality is composed of members of different status groups. The responsibilities of the work group are:
- Administration of the women's promotion funds, available to the department
- Support of the gender equality officers
- Organisation of events and seminars
Are you interested in joining the work group? Send us an E-Mail at any time.
Gender equality concept
The working group is involved in the establishment of the gender equality concept of the department. The link below directs to the German version of the concept. For further information in English please contact the work group via E-Mail.
The fundings are allocated after consultation in the gender equality work group. The following measures in particular are funded in the department of Mechanical Engineering:
- Women-specific training events in the field of mechanical engineering
- Partially/full bearing of costs for participation in women's advancement programmes (eg. Femtec and SciMento, trainings, conferences, etc.) up to a maximum of 350 €/year.
- Events for the networking and promotion of women in the department
- Advertising measures and projects to increase the proportion of women in FB16
- Gender-Awareness-Trainings for men and women
Measures for groups are preferred to single person funding.