- Language of the Program: German
- 120 CP in 4 semesters, which corresponds to a standard period of study of 2 years.
- Possibility to choose one of the following specialisations:
- Sustainable Use of Resources
- Clean Energy and Process Engineering
- Future Automotive Systems
- Digital based Production and Robotics
- Wide range of electives (62 – 68 CP)
- Compulsory elective area Digitalisation
- Research and application-oriented projects
- Insight into industry practice: lecturers and cooperating professorships from industry
- A look beyond the horizon in the Studium Generale (6 – 12 CP)
- Possibility of external project work in the industry (6 CP)
- 6-month masters thesis
- Various opportunities to study abroad
The degree programme Maschinenbau, in which graduates are awarded the academic degree “Master of Science (M.Sc.)”, builds on the bachelor's programme ”Maschinenbau – Sustainable Engineering".
Here you have the option of choosing one of four (Sustainable Use of Resources, Clean Energy and Process Engineering, Future Automotive Systems and Digital-based Production and Robotics), which will be shown on your transcript. Alternatively, you can also choose to keep all options open by selecting the “General Mechanical Engineering” specialisation. specialisations
No matter how you decide: There are numerous modules available to you related to the fields of digitalised production, automotive engineering, energy technology, aerospace, and many others!
The programme is rounded off by events in which you have to become active yourself. These include tutorials and Advanced Design Projects, in which you gain insight into cutting-edge research topics, work on challenging projects and finally present them. You can find an overview of current project topics . here