It is only possible to choose modules that are approved by the MechCenter.
You need 12 Credit Points for the elective area General Studies (Studium Generale) of the master's programme “Maschinenbau – Mechanical and Process Engineering”. For the master's programme “Maschinenbau” and "Aerospace Engineering, you need 6 to 12 Credit Points for this elective area.
General requirements for modules / courses to be acknowledged
- The module does not concentrate on natural science nor on engineering.
- The lecturer has a lectureship at the TU Darmstadt and is not a member of the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- It is possible to take the exam of the module by itself (not only as part of a larger module) and is modelled accordingly in TUCaN.
- It is mandatory to register for the module and for the exam – if possible in TUCaN or otherwise in the MechCenter. Please pay attention to register the exams for “General Studies” (Studium Generale) and not for “Extracurricular Options” (Zusätzliche Leistungen).
- Recognition of modules already examined or graded papers taken in the master's programme from a previous course of study which qualifies for a master's programme are excluded (pursuant to §16 (5), APB 5. Novelle).
- For the Master Maschinenbau – Mechanical and Process Engineering, it must also be a graded module.